For completing the product line and enhancing their professional status, Tongtai made a strategic alliance with Honor Seiki, APEC, and Quicktech. With the integration of those companies, Tongtai’s products expanded to large size vertical lathes, large size cross-track type high speed five-axis machining centers and small size high speed precision CNC lathes. Including the latest machines, horizontal boring and milling machines and gantry type machining center, Tongtai products in the metal cutting domain are now complete and able to provide comprehensive solutions for our customers. Furthermore, within the group, each member could share the resources internally to enhance the external competence of the Tongtai group. Tongtai, Honor Seiki, APEC and Quicktech, will contribute our ability and expect not only to be a benchmark in each product domain but that all of us together will be world-class corporations in the future.
- Jan., 1969 Company founded and registered with the capital assets of NTD 4,600,000. Principal products included automatic turning machines, multi-spindle drilling and tapping machines, and special purpose machines.
- Mar., 1975 Technical cooperation with Matsuuta Machinery Co., Ltd. (Japan) for pinboard type milling machines
- 1980 Excellent Quality Management Factory was given by the Bureau of Standards, Metrology & Inspection, M.O.E.A., R.O.C.
- Jan., 1981 First class award in Quality Control (QC) was given after inspection by Ministry of Economic Affairs.
- Feb., 1982 Technical cooperation with Ando Electric Co., Ltd. (Japan) for copy drilling machines in pc boards
- May, 1982 Product line expanded to CNC lathes, printing circuit board drilling machines (Anto Denki Cooperation), numerical drilling machines, and spinning machines.
- Jun., 1984 Self-developed 4-axis super high speed PCB drilling machine.
- Nov., 1984 Excellent Taxes Payment Company was awarded by Ministry of Finance, R.O.C.
- Mar., 1985 Product line expanded to vertical machining centers and horizontal machining centers.
- May., 1985 Cooperated with Chung Shan Institute of Science and Technology and developed automatic dual-cutting machine. This contributed instrumentally for military equipments production.
- Oct., 1986 Technical cooperation with Aisin Seiki Co., Ltd. (Japan) for horizontal machining center, MY-I
- Nov., 1986 Technical cooperation with Hitachi Seiki Co., Ltd. (Japan) for horizontal machining center, MY-II
- Nov., 1990 Tongtai’s products, including boring spindle unit, milling spindle unit and drilling spindle unit were awarded MOS qualified certificate.
- Mar., 1991 Graphics equipment for CNC lathe’s machine bed structure design” obtained patent from Ministry of the Interior, R.O.C.
- Jul., 1991 CNC lathe’s connecting device between feeder and tailstock” obtained patent from Bureau of Standards, Metrology & Inspection, M.O.E.A., R.O.C.
- Nov., 1991 Excellent Taxes Payment Company award was given by Ministry of Finance, R.O.C.
- Jul., 1992 Cooperated with Hitachi Seiki Co., Ltd. (Japan) and provided numerous autom- atic production lines to automobile and air conditioner companies such as TOYOTA, Far Hsing, Hitachi Taiwan, Toshiba Taiwan, Elite Sewing Machine, Panasonic Taiwan, SYM, YAMAHA Taiwan.
- Sep., 1992 Technical cooperation with Kiryu Co., Ltd. (Japan) for vertical CNC lathe, TVL30-S2 and TVL30-S4
- Jan., 1993 Tongtai’s CNC lathes and vertical machining centers were issued “Taiwan Excellence Awards” by Ministry of Economic Affairs.
- Nov., 1993 Disabled Welfare Promotion Award was given by Kaohsiung city government.
- Jul., 1994 Certified ISO 9002
- Feb., 1995 Obtained “CERTIFICATE OF ATTESTATION” by AMTRI VERITAS LIMITED, United Kingdom
- Jul., 1995 Ministry of Finance initiated the invoice rectification policy.
- Oct., 1995 Signed the documents of asset and technical cooperation with Hitachi Seiki (Japan) and developed horizontal machining centers, TMH-400 and TMH-500.
- Apr., 1998 Signed the agreement for asset and technical cooperation with Hitachi Seiki (Japan), Hitachi Seiki provided NTD 28,000,000
- Oct., 1998 In-house developed 6-axis super high speed PCB drilling machine.
- Dec., 1999 Certified ISO-14001
- Sep., 2000 Listed on OTC market
- Sep., 2002 Certified ISO-9001
- Sep., 2003 Listed on the Taiwan exchange market
- Jun., 2004 Tongtai held 52% interest in alliance with Honor Seiki Co., Ltd. Product line expanded to medium and large size CNC vertical lathes.
- Oct., 2004 Suzhou factory in China started official operations. This fulfilled our the first goal of dual manufacturing centers.
- Oct., 2005 Tongtai held 52% interest in alliance with Asia Pacific Elite Corp. and integrated mold machining centers.
- Jan., 2006 ISO14001 certificate renewed
- Jun., 2006 Tongtai headquarters started official operations in Southern Taiwan Science Park-Kaohsiung Science Park
- Dec., 2007 Tongtai lead Industrial Technology Development Program “Nanosecond laser micro-processing equipment integration plan”
- Feb., 2008 Phase 2 factory expanded with total space achieved 39,500 m². This established the foundation of future development.
- Apr., 2009 The Council of Labor Affairs initiated career continuing education plan.
- Oct., 2010 Tongtai held 52% interest in alliance with Quicktech Machinery Co., Ltd. Product line expanded to small high speed CNC lathe.
- Dec., 2010 AEO was awarded by Directorate General of Customs, Ministry of Finance. It’s the first company to obtain this certificate in the machine tool industry.
- July, 2011 Tongtai was awarded as one of “Top 100 Taiwan Brands” by the Bureau of Foreign Trade, Ministry of Economic Affairs R.O.C.
For following the trend of “Manufacturing Servitization,” Tongtai officially opend its first Technical Application Center (T-TAC) in Kaohsiung on April 17. By establishing T-TAC, Tongtai will satisfy the needs of customers to a higher degree of efficiency. In the second half of this year, the second T-TAC will be opened at Tongyu, Tongtai’s subsidiary in China. In the future, T-TAC will be established in Europe, America, and Southeast Asia for servicing the demands of local customers. The C.E.O. of Tongtai group, Juih-Siung Yen, said “Many famous machine tool manufacturers, such as DMG and MORI Seiki, are providing their customers with a series of processing consultations. The Total Solution Service income from them has exceeded more than 20% percent of the total revenue. This also is a milestone for Tongtai.”
For assisting customers to improve their competitiveness and pursue the win-win result, yesterday, Tongtai had an exhibition in cooperation with SECO and the famous Sweden tool manufacturer and software provider Delcam. In the exhibition, Tongtai, SECO, and Delcam focused on various machining problems in the automotive and aerospace industries to provide the best cutting solutions. To this end, Tongtai’s ultrasonic machining center, T51-USA, and Q-1st Piece Output software were shown during the exhibition.
C.E.O. Yen also emphasized “This ultrasonic machining center is used to process hard and brittle materials manufacturing, such as molds, glass panels, ceramic frames, semiconductor, and other applications. Currently, there are only a few manufacturers that have this kind of skill. Furthermore, Tongtai has a unique technology called “non-contact power/signal transmission unit.” During the TIMTOS2013 exhibition many customers were interested in this extraordinary product.
For the huge business opportunity of producing automotive and aerospace parts in China, Tongtai group, including Tongtai, Honor, QuickTECH, and APEC, will attend the CIMT2013 in Beijing. The six machines to be shown in CIMT2013 were developed for matching the needs of local markets. The amount of possible orders is estimated at 300 million dollars and will benefit the gross annual income.
Research and Development
In the past year, Tongtai aimed at machine performance improvements. With the approved project “2012 high-grade machine tools development plan,” the Precision Machinery Research Development Center (PMC) provides counseling in “Aesthetic design and manufacture of machine tools.” By the project engagement, Tongtai redesigned the new machine guards and achieved improvements in the aspects of machine performance and machine appearance for providing outstanding cost-performance solutions for customers. However, although Tongtai is famous for great machine performance and reliability in the market, it hasn’t paid too much attention on the machine appearance. Now, for competing with the global competitors and polishing up its brand image, Tongtai now not only concerns itself with machine performances upgrades, but also considers mixing more aesthetic elements into the design appearance.
Taking the HB-500II for example, the new appearance design has received much appreciation from the overseas customers. Furthermore, for demonstrating the new design result, PMC scheduled a presentation entitled “The aesthetic designs in the machine tools industry” in a meeting room in the exposition on Nov. 9th. Since this meeting, the national and international machine tools manufacturers understand the current development in the Taiwanese machine tools industry.
The conception of Tongtai is “innovate and create the product value with passion as well as pursue and keep the customer satisfaction with persistence.” For both state-of-art technology and long estimated life of machines, Tongtai always would like to provide our customers an investment strategy of high performance/cost ratio. In this way, we are expecting to be a world-class machine provider. There is a saying “diligence excels all work, excessive frolic leads to doom.” Facing the future challenges, we not only need to employ all the latest technology but we also need to concern ourselves with the development of multitalented experts. Think clearer and harder in developing high end technology for further competence in this industry.
Tongtai looks into the future, focuses on high end technology development, reviews the weaknesses we had and improves them in order to make abundant profits for our customers. While the company achieves each milestone, step by step, Tongtai considers how we can keep balance with charitable contributions and company profits when we are focusing on business. In my opinion, corporate social responsibility is an unstoppable company activity. There is a saying “constant dripping wears away the stone,” I believe with a long-term and gradually improved plan, Tongtai will do well in CSR and use the company resources efficiently. Furthermore, it could generate a positive energy in this world to improve people’s lives. In the future, Tongtai will not only join charity activities but also will engage a series of environmental friendly projects. We are expecting to be a green corporation in this world.
Quality and Service
Tongtai Machine and Tool Co., Ltd was founded more than forty years ago. With the entire employee group effort, Tongtai’s product quality has won well-known recognition. Furthermore, Tongtai was elected as one of Top 100 Taiwan brands.
The TT design of the Tongtai Machine and Tool Co., Ltd logo is based on the combination of Trust & Technology. Now, we not only have more than 120 professional machine development engineers, but also the only one company in Taiwan which has R&D and service centers in Japan. All our efforts are for obtaining our clients’ affirmation and confidence by our latest technology.
Five (5) Axis Machines – 5 Axis HorizontalRead more
Five (5) Axis Machines – 5 Axis VerticalRead more
Horizontal Machining Centers – 40 taper _ 16″ & 20″ palletRead more
Horizontal Machining Centers – 40 taper _ 16″ pallet for Production LineRead more
Horizontal Machining Centers – 50 taper _ 20″ & 25″ palletRead more
Horizontal Machining Centers – 50 taper _ 32″ palletRead more
Horizontal Turning Centers – A SeriesRead more
Horizontal Turning Centers – Bar Feed PackageRead more
Horizontal Turning Centers – T SeriesRead more
Horizontal Turning Centers – TA SeriesRead more
Horizontal Turning Centers – TB SeriesRead more
Horizontal Turning Centers – TS SeriesRead more
Vertical Machining Centers – 40 taper machinesRead more
Vertical Machining Centers – 50 taper machinesRead more